My name is Rachael Bowen and I am the Designated Safeguarding Lead at Mary Elliot. As well as DSL I am also one of the Assistant Heads, Attendance Lead and the Mental Health Lead for the school.
I have worked in Special Needs schools for 10 years, previously working with pupils with Moderate Learning Difficulties.
My role as the Designated Safeguarding Lead is to work with staff, pupils and their families. I also work with outside agencies to ensure that all children and their families are happy, safe and supported.
To ensure this happens, it is done through:
- Following Child Protection procedures as defined by Walsall Safeguarding Partnership;
- Following Mary Elliot policies and procedures;
- Regularly completing up to date staff training;
- Consistent monitoring and recording;
- Working with the rest of the safeguarding team to ensure communication is up to date;
- Creating positive, trusting relationships with our pupils and their families to ensure the best outcomes for all.
Safeguarding is EVERYONE’s responsibility, therefore if you have any concerns, queries or questions in regards to any child, or you require any support or advice, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone, in person or by email:
Contact Number: Rachael Bowen – 01922 490190
Address: Mary Elliot School, Leamore Lane, Walsall, WS2 7NR
Please see our Safeguarding Team poster for other members of the Safeguarding Team.
For up to date information and support regarding Safeguarding, please return to this page regularly.